Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Update...the ride has started!

Ok, once again I know that I have slacked on updating this, but I have just had so much going on. I have got to manage my time better.


Anyway, I WAS able to get into the RE’s office this past Saturday morning for blood work and an ultra sound. Everything looked good and I stared my Femara (5mg) Saturday evening. I will take that for 5 days, making Weds. my last night of that medication (CD3-CD7). I start 50ui of Follistim on Tuesday night (tonight). The nurse said that it was very important that I take my injection at 8pm every night for 6 nights. That would be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I go back in on Monday, June 21st which is CD 12 to see how I have progressed with the medication. I have to admit, I have been driving myself crazy about what seems to be a low dose of Follistim because just about everywhere I have read women usually start out at 75ui for six days. This was driving me nuts so bad that I called the nurse yesterday just to make sure of the dosage. The nurse confirmed that I was definitely supposed to only take the 50 due to my PCOS. They don’t want to risk the chance of me over stimulating. I have to admit, I’m kind of hesitant about this. She did say that if after my ultrasound and blood work on Monday it looked as though I needed more, then I would be put on more Follistim at that point. Goodness, I hope not. I want to be ready at the right time.

Anyway, I have been taking the Femara for 3 days now, and let me just say that this is SOOO much better than the Clomid ever was. I don’t have any of the bad side effects I had when taking the Clomid. I pray that all of this is going to do the trick.

I’ll keep you posted!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment