Monday, June 28, 2010

A Busy Week

Sorry for no blog update last week. It was kind of a crazy few days for me. Monday was CD12, so first visit into the doctor since CD3 to check b/w and u/s to see how I have progressed. I was sure I heard the doctor (not my doctor, but another doctor in the practice) say I had a 19 on my left and a 13 and 15 on my right. I would have bet money that those were the numbers she said. She said that depending on the results of my b/w I would take 2 more days of the Follistim injections and then come back on Wednesday for more b/w and another u/s. Later that day I got a call from the nurse saying that I was to keep taking the same dose of the Follistim (50iu) Mon & Tues nights and come back on Wednesday.


Tuesday came and it was not a good day for me. I started feeling nauseous and dizzy before ever leaving the house for work. I lasted about 2 hours and then had to have Jennifer and Angie get me home (one driving me in my car, the other following). I spent the remainder of the day in bed or by the toilet praising the porcelain god. I was wondering how I would ever manage to give myself the injection…but I did. Around 10:30pm I did an OPK (I’ve been doing them every night since CD9). Believe it or not, it came up positive. All I could think about was that I was going to miss my “chance” this cycle since the kit came up positive.

Wednesday morning came around and I asked DH to go with me to the doctor’s office just in case they wanted to have a sample because of my +OPK. After my own doctor did my u/s, he said that he had to wait for b/w to confirm, but I had not in fact ovulated yet, but was very close by the looks of my u/s. He said I had a 20 on my left (the 19 I guess only grew a little), but he said all on my right were under 10!! That really confused me since just on Monday the other doctor said I had a 13 and 15!! But my lining that was at 7 on Monday was now at 9, which was really good. He said that it looked like I would be coming in on Thursday for my IUI. He also said that since my body was ovulation on its own, I would not need to do the Ovidrel injection to induce ovulation!

Thursday morning DH and I were at the doctor’s office bright and early (first one’s there)!! I had taken the day off so that I could go home after my procedure and just lay down. I figured it couldn’t hurt anything…right? At 11am Thursday morning the doctor gave me my 1st ever IUI. DH had 19mm post wash little guys and 95% motility! GREAT NUMBERS…according to the doctor, anything over 10mm and 60% motility is good. The only down side was that my progesterone (the level showing ovulation) was only at .77 and it should be between 1-3. He gave us two options, to do the BD that night, or come in the following day for another IUI. The choice was OBVIOUS! We would come back Friday for another shot to double our chances.

Friday morning once again we were at the doctor’s office before anyone else. I gave more blood and DH gave more of himself! I didn’t take this day off, so I had to leave work and drive to the doctor’s to be there at 11 again. Today’s numbers were even better…27mm and 100% motility! I just couldn’t believe that his numbers went up given that he had just given his sample the day before. It was a GOD thing!

Today is Monday, 4 dpiui#1 and3 dpiui#2. I am doing a lot of praying and keeping an upbeat attitude. I’m giving God all the glory and praise. I can’t believe that on July 6th I could get the best news of my life!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment