Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Difference Between 2 Shots

Tuesday night was my 1st shot of Follistim. In the morning I wasn't so worried or nervous but as the day went on and the hours flew by the anxiety started to sink in. I don't know if it was a mix of the anxiety or something else, but while we were on our way to meet dad for dinner, I suddenly got very dizzy. I was feeling like I was on that old fair ride The Gravatron (do you remember that ride?) I reclined the seat and closed my eyes hoping that would help, but it didn't seem to do the trick. I felt weird for the rest of the drive. Even thinking about it now makes me feel queasy. Thankfully when we started to eat dinner I felt a little better. Who knows, maybe my body was telling me it was time to give it some nourishment.
Since my shot had to be given at 8pm, and we were in the car on our way home...I had to give myself the shot while riding in the car. I was so nervous and anxious that I was holding the injection pen and ready to shoot 10 minutes before 8!! When it finally came time to do it, I stuck it in my tummy and realized I never set the dosage dial....HELLO...boy did I feel stupid!
Anyway, after setting the dosage dial, I stuck it in again and it was a piece of cake! I felt so proud of myself for giving myself this injection that was going to help us become pregnant. I really felt on top of the world.
That feeling didn't last long though....
Within 15 minutes I was feeling loopy and not myself. DH actually said that I sounded like I was drunk. I think that he is just saying that though, because I don't recall that being the case. Then I started to feel very tired. When I got home, I changed clothes and crawled into bed. For the next hour and 1/2 I could  not get comfortable. I wanted to lay on my side, and I couldn't. I'd lay on my back then I'd get a sharp pain in my right side, but it would only last a few seconds. A few minutes later I would get a sharp pain on my left side that would only last a few seconds. FINALLY, I fell asleep...thank goodness!
Frankly I started to think that this was God's way of saying...."your dosage is enough, don't question the doctors and most of all, don't question what I can do!" You see, since Saturday when they gave me my dosage information, I had been struggling with it, I just didn't think it was "enough" to do the job. Now I know, that I shouldn't question what I am being told in regards to this medicine!

Last night's injection went so much smoother. No reaction at all. I was so thankful to Him. Since the start of this journey I have given it all to Him, except for Saturday-Tuesday when I was questioning this medicine dosage. He showed me I needed to trust in Him again. To have FAITH! This little baby will be our miracle from Him, and we have FAITH that we will be greatly blessed.

I have 4 more nights of injections, but I can handle it. I just keep praying that those little "follies" grow and become strong eggs for.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment