Monday, September 17, 2012

A New Step

Lately I have been thinking about my two little embies that have been frozen for what seems like an eternity. It's been over a year since my last transfer and almost a year since our miscarriage and I feel like I have almost been at a stand still. I'm hoping this is common place when going through something like IVF, infertility, embryo transfer, miscarriages, etc and that I am not the only one.
Part of my thinking has been whether to move forward with the clinic I have been going to or should I look elsewhere. I know that many bloggers don't want to mention who their clinic's are or their doctors and yet I don't mind at all . I know that when I have scoured the internet looking for others who have been on this journey, it is interesting to me to see exactly the difference between one clinic and/or doctor to another. So, for those of you who are curious that might come across my blog in YOUR research, I have been a patient at REACH here in Charlotte. It is a relatively large private practice and some day I might feel do a blog post strictly on my clinic, but for the purpose of this post, I will refrain from going though any more detail than that.
So, back to my recent thoughts. I feel that I am ready to revisit the options for us and transfering the last two snow babies we have. DH and I have been talking about our past experience with REACH, and I just was not left with a good feeling the last time I was in that office, October 5th, 2012. I feel like I was just a number to the clinic, and although we got pregnant with both transfers, we were not able to sustain the pregnancies for which my RE was not able to explain why.
Trust me, I know that with this struggle of infertility there is rarely any rhyme or reason and seldom answers to our questions, but I just felt that there should have been some changes to our protocol from one transfer to the next and definitely some more personal care and better bedside manner.
So today, a new step...forward I hope. I called a new clinic this afternoon here in the Queens city and I was very impessed and intrigued with the lady I spoke to. I am not sure if she was a nurse, an office manager or maybe just a receptionist, but she took more time with me on my simple phone call today than I would have ever expected a clinic to take with someone who had never even stepped foot into their practice. One thing that intrigues me is that unlike my current clinic, they are NOT privately owned but are operated by the main hospital here. I think that would make a difference, a better difference.
Anyway, I definitely have something to think about. I think that it would be extremely beneficial to have one of their doctors review my file and have a consult. There are so many questions I would like to ask and to get a second opinion. The one big question right now is to know what the cost would be to transfer my embyos from one clinic to the other. Distance really isn't a problem because the are less than a mile away from each other. My concern would be any damage to them during the transition from one place to the other.
One funny note, I found out that the financial counselor I dealt with at my current clinic has since moved to this other practic. I just found that quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment