Friday, January 7, 2011

To test or not to test...that my friends, is the BIG question!

Well, here we are sitting at 7dp5dt. A week ago today I was having my beautiful little "twins" put back into me to care for and grow them nice and strong for the next 9 months...That is if they "stuck" like we all hope they did!
This week has gone by so slow, as every one that has ever been in this dreaded 2 week wait knows. AND, I still have 6 more days to wait (counting today) before I get to have that beta checked. So...I'm debating on whether to POAS or just stick it out. AND, if I do POAS, when should I start with those evil little things?
J, the girl here at work who is about 2 weeks ahead of me in this IVF thing tested and got her BFP on the evening of 7dp5dt...which would be like my "today". Of course her first beta on 13dp5dt was already at 760! My beautiful husband doesn't think I should test yet, and I'm sure he would be fine if I just waited for my beta...but here's the thing. HE'S NOT POSSIBLY CARRYING A BABY OR TWO!
I think that guys are so much more capable of holding out for the 2 weeks than we are. Don't get me wrong, he is super excited about this whole thing, and can't wait to be a daddy too...but he just doesn't have the urge to know before the doctor tells us to know!
Sooo, to fill my mind the past couple of days with thoughts other than am I or am I not (and Lord, how can I handle the "not"), I've been thinking up a great surprise for my husband. I am planning an awesome weekend trip for the last weekend in April (and for fear that he will read my blog, I can't share the details with you yet), but I'm just so excited and my mind is focused on planning that (of course there is always that part of my mind that is geared to baby baby baby! LOL
I am doing my best to keep that positive outlook on the outcome of this and what we will find out on Wednesday, but you  know that I am just itching to take a test....Maybe tomorrow morning? Maybe not....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment