Sunday, January 16, 2011

And the results are in...

Well, now that we have shared our news with our close friends, family and loved ones...I am so thrilled to share this news with my online friends and fellow bloggers.

WE ARE PREGNANT!!!

I have to say that when I got the results on Wednesday (1/12/11), I was super surprised...so let me rewind a few days prior to that beautiful day.

Saturday (1/8/11)= 8dp5dt
I took a hpt this morning and it was negative. I was a little bummed, because at this point, most every woman who has had a 5dt gets a positive home result. J, my coworker who is a couple weeks ahead of me had her positive test at 7dp5dt. I also wasn't feeling anything...I MEAN NOTHING! I told myself not to lose hope; I mean it could still be a little too early to be detected, RIGHT?

Monday (1/10/11) and Tuesday (1/11/11) Ken and I were both home due to snow and ice here in NC. It was a nice break and time to spend with my sweetie. Tuesday morning I decided to test again, it was 11dp5dt after all, and just one day prior to my beta, so surely if it was positive, it would show up today.
NEGATIVE AGAIN!! UGH
I was pretty down for the rest of the day. I confessed to Ken that I had taken the test and the results and bless his heart, he said..."I still believe that it is positive, don't lose your faith!"
That afternoon I called and talked to the nurse regarding my appointment for my beta (pregnancy) results. I was kind of nervous about driving on the icy roads Wednesday morning and asked if I could come in either Tuesday afternoon or reschedule for Thursday. Since they were closing early, she pushed my test back one day...to Thursday (1/13/11). I told her that I was sure the result would be negative and explained I had taken a test that morning that produced a BFN! I was even thinking of what our next steps would be...if we'd jump right in with another FET since we have 5 on ice, or would we take some time off.

Wednesday (1/12/11)=12dp5dt
We both went back to work today. At about 10am I called my nurse to see if I could come in for my beta this afternoon since the roads were clear...I arrived at REACH at 11am and gave my blood for what I was sure was going to result in a confirmation that we were not successful.

3pm --My phone rings...the nurse on the other line says, "Lynn, your test came back positive!", I said..."Say that again?"
She then confirms that I was in fact pregnant. I couldn't believe it. I was completely surprised at this result.
I asked her was my beta # was, and it was low...44.6, but it was positive!
Of course the first call I made was to my sweet husband and I'm sure he could barely understand me...I was crying like a fool, but the happiest of fools for sure.
My next few calls were to my daddy, my husbands cousin, Debi, who he is very close to and who has been praying for us all through this journey, and to two of my best friends back in Florida. Then it was back to work...however much work I could do.

Friday (1/14/11)=14dp5dt
Back in this morning for another beta test to make sure levels are rising accordingly.
The results....120!!! For those of you who are not sure what this all means, beta #'s (your HCG or pregnancy hormone) should double every 48-72 hours to be good and normal. My numbers almost TRIPLED in this time. My doubling time was about 34 hours...so very good.
This evening we went to the in-laws and shared the great news with them. They have waited a long time for this too. This will be the first grandchild on both sides. Below is a video of us telling Ken's parents.
I found a grand parents brag book photo album and put a photo of the digital pregnancy test in the first photo slot.




So, flash forward to today, Sunday (1/16/11)
Tomorrow I go back for my 3rd and final beta test to make sure the numbers are looking good, so we are praying for great numbers tomorrow. At that point they will schedule me for my 1st ultrasound which will probably be a week from tomorrow or so...

So, tomorrow, I plan on being back with some great news.
Oh, and again I apologize for waiting to update my blog, I just had to let the fam know the news before the rest of the world know.

The only other time that should happen is when it's time to let the world know what the sex of our "Peanut" is.

Until next time~
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Awesome news! I'm so excited for your amazing doubling time. Your in laws are so cute, too. I enjoyed watching them doubt your news :-) Congrats!
    -(Stinkir)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been waiting with baited breath to hear your results!!!!

    Congratulations!!! I'm so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your in laws are adorable. :) I love the incredulous look on her face. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete