Friday, August 27, 2010

IUI #3...done and on the road to our BFP!

Well, IUI is DONE! Just one this time instead of the back to back 2 I have had the past two cycles.  I gave myself the Ovidrel trigger Tuesday night at 6pm exactly and Wednesday night the OPK was a strong ++ before the control line even showed up (GREAT SIGN). The morning of the IUI (Thursday) I did another OPK which was still a strong ++ and a HPT which thankfully had the faint + line as well (due to the Ovidrel injection). My plan is to take a HPT every day until the Ovidrel is out of my system which should be 10 days!
Everything was different this time around during the procedure as well. For starters, they wanted me to have a full bladder for my IUI as it would help with the placement of the catheter through the cervix. Trust me, I took DR C serious when he asked me to do that. I thought I would pop before I ever got back to the exam room. My normal nurse wasn't in, and trust me, I missed her dearly. Normally she will leave the lights off and let me lay down as long as I would like and she is just always so caring. I really love her.
Anyway, the interesting thing that was different this go around was that they did an ultrasound guided IUI. The nurse did an abdominal ultrasound as the doctor inserted the catheter. I actually got to see the little guy be injected into my uterus and start swimming...AMAZING!
As for DH's numbers this month...they were back where they needed to be with 17mm post wash and 90% motility. I wish I could have stayed laying longer than 10 minutes, but I had to relieve my bladder before it started cramping (the nurse said that would be counter productive). I quickly got dressed and hit the restroom before checking out. The doctor was really impressed with the procedure (bloodwork and SC) and instructed us to just do the BD and take a test on Sept. 7th. BUT...since the 6th is DH's birthday, I hope to have a BFP on a HPT a day early so he can get the greatest birthday present.
BTW, we did not do the deed last night (night of IUI)...and I was really REALLY upset about that, but I still have faith that this is going to be it...
STAY TUNED

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment