Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cycle days flash by and a death in the middle of it all...

Lots and LOTS to catch up on!


I’m sorry I have been MIA for a while, but so much has happened. My sister Dimples’ husband died unexpectedly. Yes, you read right, I said Dimples. Her real name is Francis, but for as long as I can remember, she has always been known as Dimples. Anyway, he died very unexpectedly and DH and I had to make a trip to Kentucky for the funeral. Very quick trip, but it was nice to see family for a little while even though the situation that brought us together wasn’t a good one.

As far as the IF journey is concerned, I had a doctor appointment on CD10 this cycle instead of CD12, so Friday, Aug. 20th was my appointment. Ultra sound only showed one measurable follie at 16mm on my right ovary and everything else was less than 10mm. I was shocked to hear that the large follicle was on my right since typically the ovaries switch back and forth, and last cycle the right was my dominant one holding 3 mature follicles. Instructions from the doctor were to continue to take the Follistim for the next 4 nights at the same dosage (50iu) and then return on Tuesday the 24th (CD14) for a follow up. That appointment was this morning, and what a great and amazing report it was!!

This morning I had a 22 and 20mm on my right (I guess the 22 was the 16 from Friday), and of course PCOS…no big shocker there. The shocker was the 26mm that was measured in my LEFT ovary, which was not there on Friday! Now, some might say that the doctor must have just missed that on Friday’s ultra sound, but I’m not one of those people…I know that God is right in the midst of all of this, and HE grew that follicle. I’m praying that it just might hold my miracle egg that will lead to my miracle child.

Instructions this time are to trigger with Ovidrel tonight at 6pm and then return on Thursday the 26th for my IUI. I’m praying that IUI#3 is the lucky charm, but I’m giving this all up to the Lord, for I know that He will give me the desires of my heart. I just have a hard time waiting for HIS time.

As for my other sisters in fertility, there have been a lot of BFP’s this month, and I am so incredibly happy for each one of them. I keep them in my prayers and thoughts daily, and although my heart is a little heavy with the desperation that I wish it was me…Oh how I wish it was me. I am generally ecstatic for each of them and their success. I can’t wait to join the crowd…in just a little of 2 weeks!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yay for good (and unexpected) follies! Wishing you lots of sticky baby dust!

    ReplyDelete