Friday, January 31, 2014

We are PUPO!

Tuesday went off without a hitch and actually was such a smooth and wonderful transfer that I can’t help but remain positive that this just might be our “third time is a charm” opportunity! DH and I were both able to sleep in, which was such a nice change to our normal week day routine. Normally my sweetie is out the door by 6:30 and on his way to work with that long 45 minute…if he is lucky, commute. I’m usually rolling out of our bed about that time and slowly getting myself showered and ready for work, but thankfully my commute is no more than 30 minutes…if I am lucky! Not today, however. We were able to sleep in till about 8 and then get ourselves together for what was going to be a very special day for us. We went to breakfast at this little mom and pop restaurant that we like to frequent. You know the kind…good food at great prices. Oh, and LOTS of food. Haha! We were able to sit and enjoy our meal and just watch those that you just know are the regulars there visit and converse with one another about what has been going on in their lives since the last time they saw one another. After breakfast we made a few stops and then made our way to my acupuncturist’s office. Since I had to be at the clinic at noon, I had made an 11am appointment for a 30 minute session prior to our transfer. That was probably the most relaxing session I have ever had, and trust me…that is saying a lot because they are always so relaxing for me. Once finished, it was off to the doctor’s office. I could go on with the details, but I won’t bore anyone with that. I will say however that the highlight for both DH and I was when the nurse brought him scrubs! WHAT? I asked her, “Does he get to go back with me for the procedure?” She was quite shocked that I asked that question…and simply responded, “Yes ma’am, this is a team effort and he belongs there!” This just made our day! I mean…once again, everything is so different than it was at that “other place”. I almost started crying right then knowing that he was going to get to be a part of this whole thing. Once we were dressed and ready, and I had been given my small dose of valium the rotating door of visitors came in to go over things with me. The doctor (Dr. “M”arvelous), the embryologist with a photo of our little embies, and the nurse who would be performing the ultrasound during the transfer. All of them…just simply wonderful. They were so caring and thoughtful and made the whole experience just more pleasant than the past two times before. The procedure itself went off without a hitch. First cathedar used worked just as the doctor had hoped. The uterus looked wonderful and those two little embies are now, hopefully and prayerfully, snuggling in for the next 9 months. After 30 minutes of rest there in recovery, we were discharged and I headed back to the acupuncturist. Now, after 2 ½ days of bedrest, I am back to work and feeling good. Keeping those prayers and positive thoughts surging through my mind. BETA is scheduled for Feb. 17th because of our cruise vacation. The nurse told me to take a test with me and do it while on vacation…but I think I am just going to wait until I get the blood test done this time. Of course, my feelings might change before then! I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment