Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's a New Year...welcome 2013

Well, it has been quite a long time since I blogged, and mostly cause the holiday's have been quite a hectic time in our home. We also haven't been doing ANYTHING on the TTC front. Matter of fact, we have done nothing the entire year of 2012. It's almost hard to believe that we had a whole year...12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days of absolutely NO fertility treatment.

Part of me is ok with taking this long of a break, part of me is disgusted that I let an entire year go by and didn't do anything to move closer to my hopes of having a baby.

WHY did I go without any treatment this year? Well, mainly for one reason and that one reason only...I have had no insurance to cover any type of treatments and medication. PERIOD. It's sad to base the fact of not moving forward with treatment on the fact that I had no insurance, but that is basically what it boils down too.

SO, with that being said, hopefully once I go permanent with this job I have been working (only for the past 7 months) then I will have insurance be able to start moving forward.

PLAN- Transfer those last two snow babies that we have.

Here's to a more productive 2013 than 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand. Its so expensive.. I too took a year long break after I miscarried at a little over 10 weeks.The grief was so horrible I could barely get back into life for a couple of months. I was 42 when this happened and I just turned 43. I've been trying with hubby since we got married(5 years). I got a lot of advice but wasn't ready to hear it so now that I'm going to try for help again I went on a detox for 3 weeks and I've changed my diet. I'm also going to look into Kundalini yoga. Between the expense I went through w/ IUI's ( which did not work) I've had 4 miscarriages in the last 2 years (all natural)After the last miscarriage at a little over 10 weeks,I really was at a breaking point. Recently, we decided to look into IVF and are undergoing more tests. I read that going through infertility has the same effect on a person as having a terminal illness and to some degree I think its true. Try to be positive. Heres a couple of book reccomendations that have helped me:
    "Inconceivable" by Julia Indichova
    "I got pregnant,you can too!" by Katie Boland
    I have found some very good advice (pick and choose what speaks to you) re: diet, exercise, and strengthening your spirit.) This experience can wear you out. Keep the hope alive and while you get help from technology also be sure to look at the holistic (body, mind, and spirit connection) that you can do to increase your odds that it works. God bless you and I hope this is the year your baby comes!
    Big Hug,
    Katie
    Ps
    I found your blog from "Still trying to conceive" blog

    ReplyDelete