Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Juicing my way out of PCOS and maybe to a baby?

Is it possible? Juicing to "reboot" your body?

Of course we probably all remember those infomercials years ago with Jack LaLanne and his Power Juicer and all the health benefits that he tried to impress onto us.

 Back then I didn't really pay much attention, but I should have. Shoot, the man lived to be 97 I believe and was probably the healthiest person I ever saw at that age!

A few days ago I was doing some random searching online on different fertility boards and came across a forum somewhere regarding juicing to help aid in fertility. The original poster mentioned that after watching a documentary called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead on Netflix, they felt inspired to start a juice detox, and then comment after comment women started speaking of their success with juicing and getting their BFPs or getting their irregular cycles to become regular again.

Of course this peeked my interest so I had to get my hands on this documentary or find it online. We don't have Netflix, so my fabulous DH found it on Hulu and we sat down together last night and watched it. All I can say.....

WOW!

I think that everyone needs to watch this movie....SERIOUSLY!

In short, this man Joe Cross who was overweight and suffering from some health issues went on a 60 juicing detox. By the end of the 60 days he had lost 84 pounds and then was able to get off all his medications. He also got another guy who was over 400 pounds who ended up losing 91 pounds in 60 days and also was able to get off his medications.

It got me to thinking...there is really something to this, something that makes a whole heck of a lot of sense. I was just about to tell DH that I was going to do this, when he looked at me and said, "I think we both should do this!" I was totally shocked that he was on board with this, especially since he doesn't have a lot of weight he needs to lose. He did say that we needed to wait until after Super Bowl! LOL

So, starting next Monday we will be doing a juice detox. We are starting with a realistic goal and planning on doing 10 days of juicing for all our meals as a detox. Depending on how those 10 days go we will either continue or stop, however we will continue to eat differently...HEALTHY!

Now, it goes without saying that I am not a doctor, and I can't tell anyone what to do. I suggest that you consult your doctor before you start any kind of detox, especially juice detoxing. Thankfully DH and I are relatively healthy with the exception of my PCOS and being slightly overweight so we are good to go with this juicing period. But, should you think about doing this yourself, please check with your doctor first.

I have got to tell you that I am so incredibly excited and pumped to try this. I can't wait to tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment