Thursday, November 24, 2011

Not the Thanksgiving I was hoping for

It's Thanksgiving, and between you and me, I must admit that it wasn't the Thanksgiving I was hoping for.
In January I was excited about the thought that we were going to have a new addition at the table this year. Of course, that was when I had just recently gone through my first attempt at IVF and had confirmation of pregnancy. Sadly, as you know, we miscarried in late January and early February. Yep, pregnant with twins and lost them both early in the pregnancy. After healing and coping with the heartbreak of having to go through that, we picked up the pieces, saved up some money and tried once again with a second FET in September.
Everything then seemed to be so right. Seemed to be like things were working the way they should We even had the transfer on Ken's birthday! Signs were everywhere, and we layed it all that the feet of the cross and trusted the Lord that we would not have another heartbreak. Again, we were pregnant (most likely with twins due to the high beta levels). I was so excited. Guarded emotionally due to the last experience with this, but just so full of hope and faith that we were going to have the baby we had waited so long for and prayed so hard for all these years.
We had already booked our cruise and timing again was perfect for the trip. I would just be into my second trimester and feel comfortable about going on a trip, especially a cruise. We had planned on sharing the news of our pregnancy today, at Thanksgiving, with family. Today I would have been 14 weeks today.

Instead...we were not able to celebrate that today.

BUT, we did have a great Thanksgiving meal and fellowship with my husband's family.

Despite the sorrows of this year, we still have a lot to be thankful for. Maybe, with the grace of God, we will have a different kind of Thanksgiving next year.

NOW, we get to head to Florida and get on a cruise ship for a week.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. I'm still praying. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray the Lord makes us both mother's next year. I'm thankful that you har shared your journey and continue to do so. Enjoy your cruise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New subscriber here - my eyes prick with tears for you. But as you well know, the Lord is your strength and comforter - a very present help in times of sorrow. Keep trusting and persevere in your prayers - I'll add you to my prayer list and will rejoice with you when you announce the 'good news!'
    2012 will be our year x

    ReplyDelete