Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Well...I'm on the Patch!

So, I'm plugging along, and on "The Patch"...the Estrogen patch that is.
I had a what I guess would be considered a "baseline" ultrasound and blood work on Sunday, Dec. 12th. The fibroid that the RE noticed on my two week check after Egg Retrieval is still there, and measuring somewhere around 31mm, at least I think that's what the doctor said who did my ultrasound Sunday. I was a little concerned about that, cause my fear is that it would hinder any implantation from the FET, but...I guess it doesn't concern any of the doctors and we were instructed to move forward.


See all the medication I will be on from here on out, some even well after the transfer until a positive pregnancy test!!
One of which is the patches that I got to start on Sunday evening!


These patches are going to be tricky I think. I start with one a day then every other day I take the patch(es) off and add another up until I have 4 at a time on which I will wear until a positive pregnancy test. Let me tell you, they are sticky little boogers.
I won't be going back in to the doctor until Dec. 23rd and then the real fun begins. I will start the pills (antibiotics, steroid and something else) and on Christmas day I will start the Progesterone in Oil injections!


Do you see the size of that needle? Since these are intramuscular injections, Ken will have to stick those in every day, and let's just say I'm not super excited about that.

Well, that's just a quick update. Christmas is drawing closer, my dad will be here for a visit in just a couple short days and I have SO MUCH TO DO!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment