Thursday, October 27, 2011

Time to Take CHARGE!!!

Ok, after a couple weeks of grieving and being truly ticked off at our situation and starting an all together new blog that is truly not fertility or TTC related, I have decided that I wasn't done with my journey of trying to conceive. I wasn't going to let this stupid PCOS or Infertility beat me. Granted, I'm what the "book" considers to be AMA, or Advanced Maternal Age and blah blah blah...but I refuse to give up my hope of EVER being a mother. SO, with that being said, I've decided to keep this blog running and dedicate it completely to fertility, my struggles, my triumphs (there better be some coming) and what I'm doing to kick the butt out of this horrible diagnosis!
I will continue with my other blog "Searching Higher Ground", for things not fertility related. I hope that those that follow me here, choose to follow me there, and those that follow me there check in over here from time to time as well. BUT, I'm keeping them separate for those who just aren't interested in the other, if you know what I mean.

Today as I was driving home from dropping my hubby off at work, I just had a revelation, if you will, that God is just not done with me in the regards of trying to have a baby. I thought it was shutting the door about 3 weeks ago, but seriously...I'm a fighter, and he reminded me that all good things are worth fighting for, right?
As soon as I came home, I jumped online to Amazon and Barnes & Noble and pulled up all the books available for women who have PCOS. I knew there were some reference books out there, but I hate NO IDEA that there were so many. So, my first stop today was to B&N to do some looking and thought..."I'll buy a book or two if it seems to have relevant information for us." Wouldn't you know it, they had a total of 5 books that pertained to IF and/or PCOS. I grabbed every single one of them and found a table to sit at to really take a look at what I had in front of me. You should know, in the past I have been an impulse buyer...if the cover looks pertinent, I would buy it....only to find out that it was information I already knew, or didn't even focus on what I was looking for in the first place. So, I figured it was best to waste some time checking them over good, instead of wasting $$ for something that just wasn't going to help me. Besides, who has money to just throw around these days?
No, seriously...I'm asking. I could really use some! haha

Anyway, I ended up purchasing just one book while I was there, something that I felt would get me off on the right foot.
That foot you ask?
DIET & WEIGHTLOSS for those of us who suffer from PCOS!!!

My purchase:

by: Cheryle Hart, MD


This will be my read over the next few days. My plan...to jump start this thing on Monday. So...if I start reading today, I should be able to have the idea of what is good and what I should be doing, diet wise. Get the right groceries by Sunday...and be ready to rock n roll come Monday.


After some additional retail therapy to one of my new favorite stores, Versona, and some other necessary errands, I came back home and jumped back on amazon.com and purchased four other books regarding PCOS. I really can't wait to get them, do my research, and let you know my thoughts on each of them.

I believe I will also start vlogging on youtube again.

Here's to a fresh start....and TAKING CHARGE OF MY INFERTILITY!

 



2 comments:

  1. Best of luck, will be following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are meant to be a mommy, I'm so glad you're going to keep trying!

    ReplyDelete