Friday, May 28, 2010

Halfway through with one....

Well, I am officially half-way through my Prometrium. Last night I took pill #7 of 14. I have been experiencing a little bit of lower back pain and I’m praying that I am not experiencing the onset of a kidney infection. BUT, I’ve said all along that I would not complain about any of this; it’s all going to be worth it in the end, right!? I can handle a little back pain, I’ll just spend a little time laying on the heating pad.
I am so glad that I have come across the FERTILE THOUGHTS website. I could probably spend all day on the forums reading the stories of inspiration, success and determination from other ladies that are going on this journey with me. There truly are some amazing women on that site. I’ve also learned some very interesting information on that site that I had not heard of. Don’t get me wrong, I know there is a lot of information out there, some true to fact and some more like old wives tales. I’ve also learned to take everything with a grain of salt.
One thing I have read of most of the women there using is baby aspirin with their daily dose concoction of meds, supplements and vitamins. This really peaked my interest, so I decided to look and research that a little more. So, off I went to good ole’ GOOGLE and ASK.COM and this is what I found:

According to a study published in Fertility and Sterility (operated by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine), "Low dose aspirin treatment significantly improves ovarian response, uterine and ovarian blood flow velocity, implantation rate and pregnancy rate in patients undergoing IVF. Aspirin seems to be a useful, effective and safe treatment in patients who undergo assisted reproductive technologies." information from here
If you are suspicious about miscarriages, or have suffered from them in the past, ask your doctor about aspirin. It could very well be what the doctor orders. When you are trying to conceive, it is important not to take any type of drug, even an over the counter one, without talking to your doctor first. information from here

After reading all the information I did yesterday, I too decided to start taking baby aspirin once per day before bed. My thoughts are that it can’t hurt, and if anything it might help and lower the risk of any miscarriage.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment