Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Crazy Mixed Up Body!

First let me start off by saying that I know I shouldn’t be surprised that by body just doesn’t want to cooperate and work as though it was intended to. I know by now that no matter what I anticipate or expect that chances are pretty good that it is not going to be what I was hoping for. I get it. I have been down this road one too many times…but seriously??? Can my body not just shape up and act the way it is supposed to act? I am so frustrated today. Today I am CD21. I should be in my luteal phase right now (2ww) and yet at my morning ultrasound today there were still no “measureable” follies and my lab work showed that my estradiol level was less than 20! After stair-stepping with the femara/letrozole last week (if you are keeping track, that is 10 day’s worth of femara) and I still have nothing brewing in there. I know that I’ve got issues, but come on! Last cycle at this time I had already ovulated and was starting my 2ww. Last cycle I only
 needed to take 5mg of Femara for 5 days (CD3-7) and by CD12 I already had a 12mm follie and my lining was an 8. This cycle at CD12 I didn’t have anything above a 10 and my lining was at 6 so the doctor had me take 5 more days of femara at 7.5mg (CD12-16) and today’s CD19 there is still nothing above 10 and my lining was a little over 8. UGH!

I guess it’s a good thing that DH and I decided last week that we were going to skip doing an IUI this cycle and just do the ovidrel injection and timed “dancing”. The way this cycle was looking last week I just felt that we would be wasting time and money to do the IUI when things were just not looking like they were optimal. I knew after last Monday’s appointment that I was going to have to make some decisions. Basically it was either to stop all TTC efforts completely or go all in and do one more round of IVF. After speaking with the financial counselor we decided that we would do another round of IVF. The doctor is highly recommending that we do PGD (pre-genetic diagnosis) of the embryos but to be quite honest, we just don’t have that kind of money that we can spend on that. Maybe it would be different if it would give us a guarantee, but as with everything…there is none.

So, the plan…this cycle looks like it is going to be a scratch since nothing is maturing. When my next cycle starts I guess we will start the prepping for another IVF. My hope is going to be that we do a fresh 5 day transfer after the retrieval and hopefully have some embryos to freeze. I’m still not 100% sure what the protocol will be to assist with sustaining a pregnancy should we get pregnant again. It’s been several months since we discussed this with the doctor and to be quite honest, I was hoping we wouldn’t have to go this route again…but it looks like if we don’t just move forward full steam, we will just be spinning our wheels.

So, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. CROSSING EVERYTHING FOR YOU!!!! Have you thought about taking supplements to improve egg quality? Email me if you wanna know more about, I feel like it really helped me with my final egg retrieval!