Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rested and ready to move forward

After 7 days on a cruise, I have had some wonderful time resting and relaxing and spending some much needed time alone with my DH.
Although the cruise wasn't so hot (DH has dubbed Carnival as the Trailerhood of cruise lines), we enjoyed being away from the stress of work and being wrapped up in the sadness of our loss. It was nice just to spend a week not talking about it and not being around people who were aware of it who kept asking if I was alright or if I was ready to try again and IF I was going to try again.
I had fully planned on video taping throughout the cruise and giving a full video review of the ship and our experience on the Carnival Dream, but honestly there just wasn't anything that interesting of the ship to walk around with my video camera. I did do a few short clips of the inside of our cabin and some common areas on the ship, but when I got home and reviewed them I realized that it just wasn't what I wanted to share. SO...I will blog a review a little later today or possibly tomorrow for those who are interested to know my point of view from cruising.
Anyway, we are back to reality now and I'm doing some serious thinking of moving forward to the goal to motherhood. AF still hasn't arrived, and I'm so thankful that she didn't show her ugly head while we were on vacation. Can you think of a bigger bummer? Now that I am back home, I'm a little concerned that AF hasn't come, so I called the nurse yesterday who basically told me I could wait it out or come in for baseline bloodwork to see where I'm at. She said they could tell from the bloodwork if I was approaching AF or if I was baseline enough to start BCPs. So...why am I hesitating? This is what I want isn't it?
OF COURSE IT'S WHAT I WANT!!! IF YOU DOUBT THAT THEN YOU DON'T KNOW ALL I HAVE BEEN THROUGH TO GET MY HEART'S DESIRE OF BEING A MOM!

I've decided that I will plan to go in for bloodwork next Wednesday if I have not gotten AF by then. Call me crazy, but maybe I'm just having a little wishful thinking after all the "alone" time that DH and I had while on our cruise. I truly don't know what got into my hubby, but we BD more in the past week than we have in 6 months!!! (That was another perk to the cruise).

As for my heart and my emotions...I'm getting better every day. My ex-coworker that went through her IVF 3 weeks before I did is now 18 weeks pregnant with a baby girl from her successful attempt, and although it hurts knowing that it would make me 15 weeks pregnant and it's so bitter sweet...I am truly happy for her and wish her all the best. I've sent messages to her via text and email a few times and even on her FB but have not received any response from her. That hurts the most I think. We were "fertility sisters" and went through all of this together, and now I'm not even acknowledged. I guess my problem is that I get to vested with friends and coworkers. Lesson learned!

So, I guess I will soon be popping pills again and doing those shots again. Honestly, I have enjoyed not having to worry about all of that stuff, but I guess I need to realize that this is just what has to be done, right? And, if I'm paying the outrageous COBRA fee, I might as well use it before it's gone, if not I have wasted that money for nothing!

Oh well, part of me is super excited about the future and praying that the Lord will bless us with a true sticky bean this time cause I just know I couldn't go through another loss again! This will be our last shot, so I have to be well prepared mentally for this, so the cruise has helped to clear my mind and prepare it for the craziness of a FET.

Anyway, I will be sharing some of our cruise photos soon!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment